Starting on May 14, 2019, there will be draws twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays. The new LOTTO MAX is also changing the winning odds, with more prizes to win including up to a whopping $70m jackpot. We’re also adding the number 50 to your number selection. Seven numbers will be drawn from a range of 1 to 50, from the current 1 to 49. Have more questions? Find all your answers here.
AInstant games are quick, fun-to-play and easy-to-understand games of chance where probabilities determine winning and non-winning outcomes. The outcome of a game is determined by the system at the point of purchase and is not affected by the skill or judgement of the player.
APlayOLG Lottery Subscriptions allow you to purchase for future draws, up to 104 LOTTO MAX and/or up to 104 LOTTO 6/49, paying as you go so you never forget to buy your ticket.
Select the number of draws you want to play or choose ‘Never Miss a Draw’ to continue playing until you decide to cancel. You can select your own numbers using ‘Let Me Pick’ or have your numbers chosen randomly with ‘Auto Pick.’
AFor a new subscription, the first ticket is purchased immediately, as long as there are cash funds in your account.
For existing subscriptions, there will be an attempt to buy tickets the day after each draw around 8 a.m. (Thursday and Sunday for LOTTO 6/49 and Tuesday and Saturday for LOTTO MAX). Attempts will follow every day around 8 a.m. until there is a successful purchase. Be sure to remember, your subscription will automatically cancel if four consecutive draws are missed due to insufficient funds.
Get more answers about PlayOLG Lottery Subscriptions by checking our Lottery Subscriptions FAQs.
A PlayOLG must comply with regulatory requirements of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) and the guidelines published by the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) under the definition of Casino.
What needs to be collected?
PlayOLG requires you to provide information regarding your job position as well as the nature of the business you are in. The information needs to be descriptive and must accurately reflect what you do. For example: if you are a manager, the occupation recorded should reflect the area of management, such as “hotel reservations manager” or “retail clothing store manager.” The same is true when recording the nature of the business you are in. For example, in the case of a business in the field of sales, you would include the type of sales, such as “pharmaceutical sales”.
Here are a few other common scenarios to consider:
“Business Owner” is commonly too vague. Entering a better description such as “Jewelry Store Owner” meets expectations.
Entries of “Retired”, “Student”, “Unemployed”, “Homemaker” are acceptable when additional information regarding your current situation is included (e.g. Retired Teacher)
You can choose from one of the options provided or if your specific information is not included, choose ‘other’ and manually enter it in the box provided.
Although not guaranteed, you may be able to find a suitable description using this Government of Canada site: http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/welcome.aspx?ver=16
What happens if I don’t provide enough information?
If your information is not adequate, we will delete the information and require you enter new information. You may receive an email advising of this. Depending on the circumstance, we may suspend access to your account until you can provide us with acceptable information.
When must I provide my occupation information?
At any time, you can update your information within your profile otherwise, you will be prompted to enter this information prior to depositing, playing casino games or requesting a withdrawal.
What if I change occupations?
If you change occupations, you can simply edit your Profile settings and update your occupation and industry information.
I work three jobs. Which one do I list?
Select your most relevant occupation and industry.
APlayOLG doesn’t charge fees for deposits. Any additional fees are charged by your financial institution.
In most cases, credit card deposits made to an internet gaming site such as PlayOLG are treated as cash advances and are therefore subject to the applicable fees.
Other fees may be associated with Visa® Debit, Debit Mastercard and Interac® Online transactions as well.
To ensure you know what to expect, we encourage you to review the transaction fee structure followed by your financial institution.
AWhy don’t I get Winner’s Circle Rewards points on PlayOLG?
Winner’s Circle Rewards is OLG Slots & Casinos’ loyalty program and is separate from PlayOLG. Winner’s Circle Rewards points can only be collected at OLG Slots & Casinos land-based gaming sites.
If PlayOLG does not offer Winner’s Circle Rewards points, why did you collect my Winner’s Circle Rewards information when I registered?
It is optional to enter your Winner’s Circle Rewards information but doing so helps determine the number of members registering to play on PlayOLG.
Will Winner’s Circle Rewards points be offered by PlayOLG in the future?
There are no plans to link WCR accounts to PlayOLG.
Does PlayOLG offer players exclusive bonuses?
Yes. We offer targeted promotions and offers to our PlayOLG players based on their gameplay and preferences.
AAlthough most new registrations pass the automatic verification stage and proceed to the next step, there are instances where some do not. If you did not pass the process and received an email about next steps, PlayOLG will need you to provide a valid copy of a Canadian-issued identification document such as:
- Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- Driver's License
- Citizenship Card
- First Nation Status Card
- Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card
- Canadian Firearms Acquisition Photo Card
- Photo Card issued under the Liquor License Act
- Ontario Photo Card
Note: Ontario Health Cards are not acceptable identification for this purpose.
Once you have your identification ready, you just need to:
1. Scan (or take a photograph of) both sides of the identification document.
2. Open the ‘next steps’ email you received.
3. Upload the document(s) using the link in the ‘next steps’ email. PlayOLG will review the documents and follow up with you within 2-4 business days.
Please ensure that each scanned or photographed image of your document(s) is smaller than 2MB, and is not dark, blurry, doctored or otherwise unclear.
AIf you’ve received an error stating that your IP address has failed PlayOLG’s verification process, please ensure that you’re currently within Ontario before attempting to log back into PlayOLG. If you’re currently in the province, then the failure may be due to one the following reasons:
- You may be attempting to use a mobile carrier to access the site. PlayOLG does not currently accept connections from mobile carriers.
- You may be attempting to use a satellite or microwave connection to access the site. For example, many Xplornet subscribers use these types of connections. PlayOLG cannot validate that these connections are within Ontario and so does not accept them.
In addition to mobile and satellite service, PlayOLG does not support the following internet connections:
- Computers using proxies (particularly work computers)
PlayOLG supports land-based internet connections (LAN or cable) located in Ontario. PlayOLG also supports desktop or laptop computers connected via Wi-Fi through a land-based internet service located in Ontario.
Please also be aware that PlayOLG relies on information submitted by your local Internet Service Provider for the validation of your location. Your Internet Service Provider may not have properly updated their records, which will prevent us from being able to validate your location. For these cases, PlayOLG submits your IP address to our geolocation service provider daily for further validation.
If you’re physically located in Ontario and using a supported connection type, but still receive an error message, you can contact PlayOLG Player Support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your current physical address
- Your internet service provider
- Your IP address
Customers have informed PlayOLG that the simplest way to locate an IP address is by Googling ‘What’s my IP address?’
Player Support will respond with the investigation results as soon as possible.
AOLG is not permitted to send withdrawal requests directly to the original source. Instead we use an Electronic Funds Transfer process to send funds to your bank account.
For your security, withdrawing funds from your PlayOLG account involves a few steps behind the scenes.
Here’s a brief overview:
1. If you haven’t done so already, you’ll need to submit your banking documents to PlayOLG for verification. We aim to verify these within 24 hours.
2. PlayOLG will process your withdrawal request once your banking documents are verified. We process withdrawals every business day.
3. Your financial institution will then process the remainder of the withdrawal. This typically takes 2 to 4 days, depending on the institution. Your funds will then appear in your bank account.
AFirst, please note that if you’ve attempted a deposit and it was rejected, you may notice that your Weekly Deposit Limit has still been reduced by the amount of your rejected deposit. This does not mean that your account has been charged; our system simply needs time to update the information.
The update process can take up to approximately 35 minutes, and unless you have reached your Weekly Deposit Limit, you can make another deposit attempt immediately. If you have reached your Weekly Deposit Limit, you can make your deposit again after the update process is complete and your Limit has been reset.
Please read the following tips, which may help you understand why you’re encountering difficulties:
- Your bank must support Interac Online transactions in order for you to use that deposit method. Interac Online participating financial institutions include BMO Bank of Montreal, TD Canada Trust, RBC Royal Bank and many credit unions. For a complete list of participating institutions, please refer to the Participating Financial Institutions section of the Interact homepage. If your bank does not support Interac Online, please try depositing by Visa Debit, Debit Mastercard or Credit Card. Your card issuer may charge a fee, please check with your financial institution for more details.
- When depositing with a Credit Card, Visa Debit or Debit Mastercard, please ensure that the card’s expiry date and CVV are entered correctly. The CVV is the 3-digit number that can be found on the back of your card.
- For added security, PlayOLG uses Mastercard SecureCode® and Verified by Visa. You will be required to either remember your existing password for these services, or register a new password through your credit card provider.
- Credit cards backed by U.S. financial institutions, most notably MBNA, CHASE and Capital One, do not accept online gambling transactions. Additionally, many retail store-branded credit cards have also been rejecting online gambling transactions. Many are backed by the same U.S. financial institutions mentioned above. If your deposit is rejected, please try a credit card that is not provided by a specific retail store or organization, but rather is issued by a major Canadian bank.
- When waiting for a confirmation of your deposit, it’s important you do not close the window, click your browser’s ‘back’ button or refresh your page. The process may take several minutes before a confirmation is displayed.
- Lastly, please only click the deposit button once. Do not double-click the deposit button when making a transaction.
® Trademark of Interac Inc. Used under licence.